Friday 1 August 2014

You know what,
 
I have been chewed and spat out a zillion times with the name of love.
People that I have gladly called lovers didn't blink twice as they kicked me while I was down begging them to stay.
It took me four years of selling myself short, three selfish lovers and forty-nine wine bottles to admit that maybe love isn't my thing,

Three heartbreaks, to realize that some people will still love themselves more than they love you no matter how hard you try,
Two dates with that guy that I really didn't like, to realize that you can stand absolutely naked before someone's eyes talking about your issues with your dad, and he won't see beyond the flesh of your breasts,
And one miracle, to realize that there is more to life than agony and disappointments,
The miracle of you.

Before you,

Everyone I loved has used my heart as a welcome doormat,
Even those I crushed on, crushed me under the weight of the word "almost",
Everyone walked away,
Even God,
Whom I now believe in his existence, depsite the numerous unreturned letters I sent him, for he sent you my way,
I mean, Me, meeting you, can't just be a chance, or some sort of a cosmic big bang, it has to be something divine.

Do you hear me lover?

You are god's hand reaching out for me to assure me he is still there,
You are my faith, and why I believe again in things I can't see,
You are the bond that ties me and god together,

And thanks to you,

Me and him are speaking again.

No comments:

Post a Comment