Sunday 2 June 2013

Lover, Would you ?


Lover,
Would you still love me if I showed you how weak and damaged I am?
Would you still want me if I clinged to the walls of your heart because I am just too scared to face life alone?
Would you still hold me if I let you into my dreams so you can see yourself how I am always running away from something even when I am sleeping?
Would you still kiss the palms of my hands if I told you that those exact palms held the ropes of holding on with former lovers till the cuts got too deep that their names are engraved on my bones?
Would you get burdened with my heavy heart and leave or will you stay and free it from all the memories weighing it down ?
Would you remind me gently how to breathe when my cries of help take my breath away?
Would you push back when I push you away just because I want to so much that my insecurities can't handle it?
Would you remind my heart that you love me every five seconds because my goldfish heart tends to forget that I'm love worthy?
Would you protect me from me? Would you protect us from me? or will you give me up like you gave up on your childhood hobby?
Would you try to love me the way I'm and promise that you won't try to save me? Would you stand aside as I save and fix myself?
Would you forgive me when I get jealous when you kiss your bestfriend on the cheek because I'm just that insecure?
Would you still love me when you get me all figured out and there is nothing interesting about me anymore?
Would you laugh at me when I tell you that I still believe in the kindness of people or would you smile and tell me that my green heart is what made you fall for me?
Would you promise me that if I took off my fake smile, you would kiss the frowns away ?
Would you print those " i love you " kisses on the back of my neck on those days when I feel as little and as cold as pluto feels when it looks at the sun?
Would you put up with my mood swings and come up with excuses for me because you know life has been hard enough on me?
Would you understand that when I say that I don't need anyone or that I'm okay, it's because I am too proud to say " help me " ?
Would you understand that when I get too possesive or too demanding, it's because that you are all I have and all I ever wanted?
Would you love me like Gatsby loved Daisy, or better yet, like God loved himself?
Would you swear that if you were my former lover, you'd have been there for me in my father's funeral so you can hold my hand so strong to assure me that I didn't lose everything and that I still have you the minute they were taking my dad away once and for all ?
Would be freak out if I told you that I'd kill myself without thinking twice if I got cancer and forgive me for not fighting it to spend a little more time with you because you know I'm that fragile?
Would you feel insecure when I tell you about how I'm familiar with loss and that I have lost so much that I got used to it and I even expect it?
Would you pity me if I told you about those times I had my lunch in the toilet just so I can avoid any possible human contact because I'm that sad?
Would you pity me if I told you about those times I had my lunch in the toilet just so I can avoid any possible human contact because I'm that sad?
Would you get over your issues as I will get over my issues for the sake of making whatever we have work ?
Would you leave if I asked you to leave or would you stay because you know I only said that just so you tell me you are not going anywhere?
And at the end lover, would you promise that you will forget I said any of that so I can keep on pretending that I'm fine and that I'm not falling apart?

No comments:

Post a Comment