Friday 7 June 2013

The damaged loves the damaged.

I Don’t know what blood type I’m, but my mother has always guessed I’d be an A,
Since she and my father carry this blood type and I carry their gene,
But deep down I am kind of convinced that my Blood Type is O, or at least the blood type of the blood in my heart is O,
And for those who are not familiar with blood types, O is called the universal donor, because it can donate blood to anyone but only takes from an O,
Frankly I don’t think that anything can describe me better than this,
I am a walking talking O, a giver by nature , I have nothing yet I have so much to give,
I blame it on my pathological need to form an intimate relationship with anyone who is in an emotional mess,
The damaged loves the damaged they say, and I am beyond repair,
So I go ahead and embrace others pains, and bleed through their wounds, hug their insecurities away,
This constant urge to give pieces of me to every frowning stranger that passes by,
I take bus rides and stare at strangers faces’ wandering what keeps them up at night and what weighs their hearts down,
I am pathetically in love with humans, I believe in the kindness of strangers and see potential in some people that they don’t even see in themselves,
I believe that a warm hug can save humanity, and a passionate kiss can turn all the wrongs right,
And yes, I believe in true love and happy endings still although everything around me says otherwise,
The same old dilemma of those who love you are never those you love is the story of my love,
As an O kind of person, O gives everyone but can only receive from an O,
So the only people I kind of fall for or want them to give me are who are as emotionally crippled I am,
Unlike attracts and alike repel, they told us in our first physics class, but they never told me what to do when you only get attached to those who are just like you,
Let me tell you what they didn’t tell you in that physics class, They will come along and give you tingles and butterflies but then freak out and step away just like you did with that person who wasn’t an O,
Karma strikes right at your heart, giving the opportunity for you abandonment issues to grow a little bit more, for your trust issues to come between you and between the next person who will come along,
Things that has the potential to work scares me, because I know everything ends, and some days I’m too scared to put my heart out there one more time, for one more break, but then I remember Rumi’s quote, “ the wound is the place where light enters you “ ,
So I jump one more time, wearing my heart on my sleeves, thinking if I hit rock bottom, again , there is nowhere to go but up,
I’m not afraid of breaking my heart anymore, actually I already shattered it into a million pieces, and I thought that I had to glue it back together so I can love again, but I have came to realize that one person will come along , that deserves to be loved with a million part, not just one fist sized beating organ.

No comments:

Post a Comment