Saturday 18 February 2012

Narcissus Mythology

Narcissus gazing at his own beauty
Narcissus or Narkissos , derived from the greek word ( narke ) meaning ' Sleep or numbness ' , was a hunter from the territory of Thespiae in boetia , who was reowned for his beauty. He was exceptionally proud, in that he disdained those who loved him. Nemesis ( The goddess of Revenge ) saw this and attracted Narcissus to a pool where he saw his own reflection in the water and fell in love with it, not realizing it was merely an image. Unable to leave the beauty of his reflection, Narcissus died. And that was where the term of the personality disorder (Narcissism ) was derived from. Narcissistic characters are specified with the following traits :1- Reacts to criticism with anger.2- Wants the best of everything.3- Obsessed with oneself.4- Requires constant attention and positive reinforcement from others.5- Lacks empathy.
Not that I'm proud of it but I know I am a Narcissistic person, I can never take rejection or criticism well , I always love people stating my positive sides, I always want to be the best in everything , I'm an attention whore, I admit it and sometimes I'm really this cold person who lacks compassion , the last trait is obsessed with oneself ? Hell I made the post about Narcissus about me LOL. 

2 comments:

  1. are u trying to justify that to yourself, to be narcissistic is a good thing :D

    ReplyDelete