Tuesday 28 May 2013

I'm Just Saying, Love.

I know you think that it was just a dream
But darling, it is as real as the way you blink repeatedly when you are thinking of the heavy burdens on your chest
Do you believe in Soul mates? Oh, How stupid of me to ask this question, you don't even believe that souls do exist
You are all about how science will logically explain everything and you are sure that one plus one will definetly equal two
If so love, can you explain to me how the solution was still one of the equation of me plus you?
I haven't read all the science books lying there on your bookshelf after you gave them parts of you some time ago so most probably I don't have a logical explanation for the question I just asked you
But let me answer it from my humble non scientific point of view;
The one I was on my own before I met you, and the one you were before you kissed me are totally different from the " one " we are together
it's like the difference between a Crescent sky and a Full moon kind of weather;
See, you were you and I was me, but darling can you taste the sweetness of the word " we "
I tasted it that night you sneaked a kiss from my lips while we were waiting for one of our friends
This is a memory that I'll keep in my heart forever, Even though if whatever we have ends
Did I tell you how much I hate rhymes? Well ,I do, very much but for some reason my words rhymes and my heart now beats to the rythm of your favorite song since the day I kissed you
Did I tell you that my fists aren't clenched and ready for the fight anymore? Did I tell you I don't even wanna fight anymore?
The fists turned into palms that day you kiss the bruises I got from holding on to those who pushed away, and the bruises turned into sunflower beds that follows your light wherever you go
The other night when you dreamt of me and you felt it as if it was so real it was because my soul left me and kept wandering around you
I put my ear to your heart and listened to the echo of your dreams,
I heard the fights your heart has with your logic, through the thick layers of nicotine that found their way into you through other's disappointments
I heard the pain screams inside you being muted by the sound of the sarcastic laugh you face everything with
I heard so many broken things that I vowed to myself to fix for you, so I leaned and placed a kiss on your cheek, the exact one that you dreamt of, as a seal for the deal
Consider that virtual kiss as a promise darling, yes a promise dear;
A promise to love you like your mother would have loved you if you were her only child
A promise to stick with you through the thick, thin and mild
A promise that my arms won't be strechted with love to anyone but you, and that no one will get to water the flowers in my palms with kisses but you
A promise that I love you to an extent that the god you don't believe in, will believe in you
Today when I held your palm in my hands and kept running my finger through it I had the urge to print five kisses on your fingers, starting from your thumb to your pinkie
Five kisses with five promises, to love you and love you and love you and love you and love you, I wish I can promise your forever, but I'd be lying, I don't know what might happen tomorrow, or the day after or a week from now, All i have is now, and my now is yours darling, if you asked for it.

and at last, I just wanna say that Jeffrey McDaniels, who happens to be one of my few favorite poets once said, “There's two kinds of women, those you write poems about and those you don't.”
I know that was a shitty poem, but I'm just saying , love, I am just saying.



1 comment: