Sunday 8 June 2014

Your Love is not a Sin


Did I mention that loving you is like coming home after years of wandering around?

After years of disappointments, heartbreaks and misfortune,
I finally felt like I can belong,
They say our love is a sin, but how come I only feel pure when I am in your presence?

How can I explain to them that collapsing in your arms is as holy as breaking down in a church or a mosque?
That you are not a sin, you are more of a prayer mumbled out of a saint’s lips at dawn,
A mantra chanted by a monk over and over again,
That your love is the Nirvana,
They won’t understand that I feel closer to god when you hold me tight, or how he spoke to me through the beats of your heart,
He bestowed his forgiveness upon me the moment I stripped naked and covered myself with your skin,
You whitened all the black that was eating me from within,
filled my emptiness by simply being there.
You have rearranged my atoms, you did something to me, now my DNA contains molecules of HA PP Y,
I was dead, broken into irrepairable pieces, barely breathing,
You came along,
sat down,
and glued me back together,
with patience and acceptance,
Now I am a whole new me,
Who is capable of giving love and recieving it back,
Thanks to you and your unconditional infinite love,
You are a Saviour.
You are my Saviour.
You brought my heart back to life,
You made me see colours again,
And I am sure your lips taste like wine,
How can they deny that this love is an act of god?
So, lover;
Stay holy,
Stay Divine,
And keep performing your miracles on that little heart of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment